Share Your Time and Talents with the Children at Black Mountain Home
If you care about children and would like to help us provide a safe, loving home in which they can grow, learn, and thrive, then we invite you to join our wonderful volunteer team. There’s an opportunity for everyone to contribute – individuals, groups, adults, youth, professionals, and novices — come share your time and talent at Black Mountain Home.
Volunteer opportunities range from pulling weeds to office administrative support and construction projects. One of our ongoing needs is for tutors who can commit to regular times with our youth. We also are looking for groups that can tackle general maintenance projects.
To learn more about volunteer opportunities, contact:
(Please note that for the safety of our children and to conform with state requirements, volunteers are required to complete background checks.)
Volunteer PROJECTS – January 2021
1. Thrift Store Volunteers – Volunteer in half day or full day shifts each week in our thrift store and cafe. Groups of 4-8 people (churches, civic groups, or other) are also invited to gather donations and then volunteer at the thrift store on a Saturday morning.
2. Grounds and Maintenance – general upkeep and maintenance.
3. Tutors – support youth in reaching their academic potential—tutors are especially needed for older youth in high school and college classes like science, math, and anatomy.
4. Painters – paint offices and other spaces on campus.
5. Builders/Carpenters – help with various building and remodeling projects.
6. Veterinarian – provide care for campus farm animals.
7. Office Help – phones, mailings, filing, and other general admin duties.
8. Handy-Man Volunteer Groups – help winterize cabins at West Campus.
9. Auto Maintenance– basic vehicle maintenance like oil changes.
10. Small Engine/Appliance Repair – help us keep everything in working order.