West Campus, formerly the Swannanoa 4-H campus, serves as a donation-based venue for retreats, campus, family reunions, weddings, and more. The jobs created through our West Campus venue provide training opportunities for youth in our Apprenticeship Program. Our Apprenticeship Program includes four tracks, including:
- Culinary Arts
- Outdoor Leadership/Recreation
Students receive hands on training and in their chosen track and when ready complete internships in their field with a partnering local business. After completeing their internship, these businesses aim to offer full-time employment at a living wage to youth who have completed the program.
For more information contact our West Campus Coordinator at 828-581-0701 or by email at: ECovert@BlackMountainHome.org
- Dining Hall with commercial kitchen surrounded by 100+ acres of trails to hike, bike, and explore
- Recreation area: large field, campfire ring, sand volleyball, outdoor basketball, disc golf course
- West Campus Catering/Food Services are available to individuals and groups using our West Campus facilities.
- Mountain View Lodge: ideal for adult groups, ADA compliant, sleeps 22
- Two Winterized Cabins: ideal for large groups, ADA compliant, available year-round, sleep 24 each
- Six Rustic Cabins: rustic cabins are great for warmer months, sleep 18 each
- Fields for tent camping and trees for hammocks!
West Campus Facility Use Donation Guidelines
Use of our West Campus is 100% donation based. To help guide your donation, a suggested minimum donation for each building or facility is listed below. We are grateful to those who are able and desire to give more than the suggested amount because they help us provide services to those who cannot donate as much. Regardless of the amount, each donation helps us maintain our facilities while allowing the community to enjoy our beautiful West Campus.
A receipt for the full donation will be mailed after your event is complete. However, the IRS only allows a “charitable deduction” for the amount that is donated over and above the suggested fair market value of the services received.
Suggested Donation (Fair Market Value) per Facility
$2,000/24 hours Entire Property
$600/day Dining Hall (Day Event)
$400/night Mountain View Lodge
$150/day Conference Room
$130/side/night ADA Cabins (2 cabins available)
$175/night All Season Cabin (1 cabin available)
$100/day Recreation Field
“Let each man give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord your God which he has given you.” Deuteronomy 16:17