West Campus Assistant – On-site housing provided
We’re seeking a detail oriented and highly organized individual with outstanding interpersonal skills to manage the hospitality and guest service responsibilities on our West Campus.
- Serve as primary contact for all West Campus inquiries, including facilitating bookings, site visits, and managing West Campus calendar
- Maintain safety inspection and booking records
- Maintain facility cleanliness, complete and maintain records on regular facility inspections
- Assist in development of promotional material
- Facilitate work projects for volunteer groups and individuals
- Work up to 2 weekends a month as facility on-call
- Mentor and work alongside students in BMH’s Job Training Program
- Minimum of Associate’s degree in related field is preferred
- Camp, retreat center, hospitality, event planning experience is ideal
- Must work well independently and have a friendly and professional demeanor
DONOR RELATIONS & DATABASE MANAGER
Experienced and self-motivated Donor Relations and Database Manager needed to assist the development and marketing team in implementing, administering, evaluating, and managing an aggressive donor database, stewardship, and communications program.
Role includes general data and gift entry, processing receipts, queries and reports, managing segmentation and direct mail solicitations, donor research, and other. The person filling this role will also provide general administrative support to the Director of Development, including calendar management, prepping for donor and other meetings, and other duties that build positive donor relationships and foster a culture of philanthropic giving.
The desired candidate will be a servant leader who:
· Has a bachelor’s degree, plus 3 to 5 years’ experience in nonprofit data entry, annual fund, or related field.
· Has a high degree of confidentiality, team mentality, and able to think strategically.
· Is goal-oriented, highly organized, and able to balance multiple and complex projects at once while keeping a clear view of how each project supports the mission.
· Builds and maintains positive relationships while working closely with a team.
· Feels excited about changing children’s lives for the better!
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Maintaining Raiser’s Edge database, including constituent and gift records, queries and reports, as well as acknowledgements and other donor communications while adhering to IRS and internal best practices.
· Supporting fundraising and community relations team in solicitations and other mailings, marketing campaigns, special events, and other relationship building initiatives.
· Provide administrative and fundraising support to the Director of Development.
· Support the development and marketing team by assisting with front line stewardship by answering phones, greeting visitors, and providing administrative support.
Routine hours are weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with evenings and weekends as needed. Submit resume and cover letter (applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered) to info@BlackMountainHome.org highlighting your experience, skills, and why you are interested in this role. No phone calls, please.
Education Coordinator needed at Christian, children’s ministry. Minimum qualifications include current NC teaching certificate and experience working with children with special needs. Flexible schedule required with evening study hall and occasional weekend activities. Must be energetic and passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of children. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinator will manage activities of the learning center including study hall, resources, staff, and lots of wonderful volunteers.
- Serves as liaison with the school system, representing the Home at meetings and conferences (e.g. Individualized Educational Plans, parent/teacher meetings, open houses, etc.).
- Tracks youth educational history and progress for all youth.
- Assists older youth with college tracks.
- Works with team members to develop apprenticeship tracks for Independent Living students.
- Will be key in developing a GED program on campus.
- Administers summer education program.
- Is part of the on-call rotation.
We’re seeking an education professional who is passionate about working with children and helping them realize their potential.
DIRECTOR OF CAMPUS SUPPORT
We’re seeking a director to oversee maintenance, volunteer, and recreation activities for multiple campuses hosting thousands of volunteers and serving around 150 children annually.
- Supervise maintenance staff in the care and maintenance of campus buildings, grounds, animal program, and fleet of vehicles.
- Supervise recreation staff in growing and developing a robust campus activity schedule that engages and supports youth in care.
- Help plan and lead activities, youth meetings, youth retreats, participation in recreation leagues, and mission projects.
- Assist Program Director with volunteer program by providing support for volunteer groups, leading and supervising volunteers and interns, organizing materials for work projects, maintaining campus project list, providing oversight at the Legacy Residential Volunteer (RV) Park, and recruiting and cultivating volunteers.
- Provide after-hours on-call support for the ministry.
- Support special events as needed—evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field is preferred.
- Five years of related experience is required.
- Must be able to work independently and provide hands-on, servant leadership.
- Problem solve as needed and complete other projects as requested.
- Strong desire to change children’s lives for the better imperative.
Physical requirements include:
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to do prolonged strenuous labor.
- Ability to complete work while on a ladder.
- Ability to use a wide variety of equipment from weed eaters to a fork lift.