THRIFT STORE DRIVER/PICKUP ASSOCIATE – PART TIME
Thrift Store Driver/Pickup Associate with a focus on donation pick-ups and scheduling, including driving, lifting heavy items, and other physical work associated with donation pick-ups. The associate will serve as the primary person scheduling and executing donation pick-ups throughout Western North Carolina. This will include logistical planning, working knowledge of various policies, effective communication with donors and co-workers throughout the entire process, and what may be physically demanding work at times. Expectations include:
- Providing quality donor relations and customer service in all interactions with donors and customers. (A basic understanding of Black Mountain Home programs and operations will be ensured prior to start of job.)
- Effectively communicating with donors and potential donors to schedule donation pick-ups.
- Driving to pick-up locations, using a large box truck, transit van, and/or vehicle with trailer
- Loading and unloading donated items.
- Representing Black Mountain Home with professionalism and courtesy on the road, in donors’ homes or places of business, and in all other aspects of work.
- Problem solving as needed and completing other projects as requested.
- Maintaining cleanliness and up-to-date inventory in warehouse and storage areas.
- Assisting in Mountain Home Thrift Store: Cheryl’s Place recycling program.
- Assisting as needed with daily thrift store operations. These could include, but are not limited to running a register, sorting, cleaning, pricing, and stocking inventory.
- Must be able to work up to 29 hours per week, ideally three 8-hour shifts per week.
- Must be able to work Saturdays.
- Must be able to lift or assist in lifting and moving a variety of items, including items that may weigh more than 50 lbs. Various tools and machines are in place to assist with this.
- Must maintain an active driver’s license and be able to competently operate a variety of vehicles and/or trailers for donation pick-ups.
- Should display good verbal communication skills.
- Must be committed to effective communication with supervisors, co-workers, donors, and customers in all facets of the job.
- Some retail, moving, or other relevant service experience preferred.
- Forklift certification is preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour
MARRIED HOUSE PARENT COUPLE (main campus)
House Parent Couple needed at Christian children’s home in Black Mountain, NC. Previous experience in working with children in a residential setting desirable but not required. House parents work to provide for the needs of up to ten resident children in a designated house during a seven-day, alternate-week shift; teach residents basic living skills; run appointments; maintain their assigned cottage; and provide a supportive, home-like setting for youth. Flexibility, patience, and a desire to change lives for the better a must.
Support services include an education coordinator (youth attend public schools), recreation coordinator, and administrative staff. Housing including dedicated bedroom and bathroom with shared office area provided during shift week (personal residence needed during off-week). Additional shared room provided for staff children. Well-behaved dogs with required shots and paperwork allowed on a case-by-case basis.
Cover letter sharing your passion for working with youth and why you feel you would be a good fit for our ministry is REQUIRED.